Tinsel Tree

This is the second half of the my entranceway.

I bought the tinsel tree at Hobby Lobby. It’s one of the few items of Christmas decor that I bought this year. I’m trying to use what I have.

The ornaments were made by me. You can see my candy canes HERE and my Santa and dog chenille ornaments HERE. No tutorial necessary for the silver walnuts – basically you paint them silver and glue a hanger on them.

This vintage glass garland was my Mom’s and is not in the best shape. Glass garland is very, very fragile and it’s a wonder it has made it this far.

The tree is sitting in an old electrode box that I bought at an antique store and displayed on my chair that I bought at the Granville barn sale.

And who’s that poking his little head out of the crate?

Why, it’s my Santa that Grandma made for me when I was little.

And my Christmas stocking from my childhood. Sort of.

My Grandma made my brother and I these stockings when we were little. I was devastated when I couldn’t find mine when we were selling my Mom’s house, so my sister bought me this look alike on eBay.

So I just pretend it’s the one I had when I was little. I may need a little psychotherapy about this.

And I’m sure you noticed this gaudy vintage snowman hanging on the back of the front door.

It’s actually a card holder that my MIL made in the 60’s, so I hang it up so my husband can still have a little piece of his Mom at Christmas.

But yep, it’s pretty, um … unique!

Comments

I love the display with the chair, box and tinsel tree! Your story about the stocking was funny….it was nice of your sister to find a new one for you. As for the card holder….I think it is perfect in it’s uniqueness! And it holds nice memories for your husband which makes it the perfect decoration.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Jane

Oh I just adore this tree and in the crate…it’s awesome! Cute vintage look…it would be perfect in my house (hint hint) Hey let’s start a tradition of trading stuff? How’s that?

How nice of your sis to find a look-alike stocking for you! My mom made us all beautiful needlepoint stockings, but she keeps them at her house. Mine was the first she made, I was about 13 I think.
    I have a chair almost like yours there; mine also has no seat! LOL!
    And I think the snowman card holder is very retro and very cool! Love it!

Pam,
    I love your nostalgic Christmas decorating. It reminds me of my house! Your stocking story hit a nerve. I lost my childhood stocking also. My Great Aunt made it for me, felt with tons of colored sequins in the shape of Santa’s face. I really might need psycho therapy over it, every year I get sad all over again. I need to get a faux like you! Lisa

Hi Pam… oooh, I love your entryway and little tree… I especially love all of your family treasures like your Santa from your grandma, your stocking, and your hubby’s snowman, and all of the wonderful memories they hold from Christmases past… these things are priceless in my eyes… also love the wonderful box your tree is in!… xoxo Julie Marie

Pam, your little tree is adorable…at first glance I thought your card holder was a Leprechaun…sorry, just goes to show I do need to have my eyes checked! I think it was sweet your sister was able to find the same stocking you had as a child.

I have this same tree…I bought one last year at HL. I have mine in my kitchen. I love how you did the tree and your fun snowman on the back of the door! He is cute!!!!! Sandy

Your tinsel tree is great- I just saw them tonight and thought..hmmm…do I really NEED another tree? lol And then I had a little argument with myself in the store..but left it there with its friends in the end!

Cute little Santa that Gramma made you and I know you must have felt so bad about not finding your stocking. Your therapy is spilling it all out here so you don’t have to pay shrink bills! lol

Happy Friday night- Diana

Your entryway is both fun and festive. I really like your tinsel tree with the homemade ornaments and the vintage Santa and stocking. I still have the stocking my grandmother made me and hang it up every year. It’s vintage, borderline antique lol
    I think your snowman card holder is actually quite cute.

I love that little card holder! I’ve never seen one like it. I love all of the vintage felt Christmas goodies. Too cute! And the old box is wonderful. I have a small collection of those.

I love your little tree, Pam! Your chenille ornaments look great on the branches! I love your little Santa, stocking, and card holder, too…so sweet!

Pam, your Santa and dog ornaments are adorable! I love that little tree, too. I’m with you on trying to use what you have. Good idea! What you have is too cute!

HOpe you have a super weekend! Thanks for the comment on my mantel. I appreciate it :) xx

Love it Pam!!! I too am trying to use what I have this year… Car is almost paid off! Your ornaments look perfect on that tree, and I love how you put this on the chair!! BTW, you and I, two peas in a pod, love that yellow on your walls!

Very nice Pam!
    I like how all your ornaments and decorations have so many memories attached. Isn’t that what makes Christmas special? This is what gives me and my son a thrill when unpacking ornaments…all the memories come flooding back!
    Pamela xo

Hi Pam! I’m pretty sure I have seen you out there in blogland but I just discovered your blog and have been having so much fun looking through your previous posts! Your home is lovely and I love your sense of humor!
    I’m a new follower now and would love to have you stop by and say “hi” sometime…I also host a linky party every Friday and it would be great to have you join in the fun!
    Vanessa

Your Sweet Tinsel tree is Beautiful, Love how the ornaments came out, Great Creative Job!
    I’m Loving that cute little cotton santa in the corner of the box, he has the cutest little face….
    Cheryl

Oh how I love tinsel trees! Your’s is so adorable the ornaments you have made are perfect for it. It just makes the tree!

And how sweet is your little Santa! How wonderful to have something from your childhood!

“Unique Snowman” is a little bit adorable! LOL He is very cheerful and with such history he a delightful addtion to your entryway!

Hi Pam, this tree is just wonderful!! The glass garland and, oh my, your doggy chenille ornaments are a hoot, love them!! Great entryway, including the card holder from your MIL. Great way to welcome everyone. Thanks so much for linking up with the party at VIF!
    hugs,