A Girl Can Change Her Mind

I was so excited about my vintage planters from yesterday’s post that I decided to keep them indoors for the time being so I could stare at them some more.

I made a spring vignette on my wood burning stove with them.

I put some of my thrift store silverplated forks to good use

holding vintage postcard images I printed off onto cardstock (cheaper than buying the postcards themselves).

If it wasn’t such a cruddy day for photography here (rain, rain and more rain), you could see what great crazing this bunny has. I have no idea of its age or where I got him, but I’ve had him for years and years.

I pulled out a couple of my springier vintage Little Golden Books and displayed them in my turquoise-ish planter.

I may never put this planter outside. I’m thinking I may move it to my desk to hold stuff after I do away with this vignette. Seems too pretty to put dirt in.

I didn’t realize these two rabbits were twins until I was taking photos. I think they were separated at birth.

Purple hyacinth and pink tulips were purchased at Walmart.

I’m going to try planting them in the ground after they are done blooming to see if they will come up next year. If Alvin and the Chipmunks don’t get to them!

Joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for her 60th Table Top Tuesday, Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday and My Romantic Home’s Show and Tell Friday.

Comments

Such a beautiful spring vignette. I love how you are using forks to display those lovely Easter postcards within your planters. Brilliant!

Pretty vignettes Pam. I love your use of the forks! I wonder if they have purple hyacinths at the Walmart around here. I’ve been looking everywhere for those darn things!

BTW, what is up with Photobucket!! I see your button is gone too. I woke up this morning and my header was gone…ugh. Of course, I was in a hurry to go somewhere so I was frantically trying to remove the image and replace it.

~Tricia

Pam! I love how you used the forks! I’ve got to remember that one! Hop on over to my blog! I’ve posted my interesting silver find! Maybe you know more about what it is!
    Thanks!
    Christie

Pam- I love your little vignettes! Don’t you love those old Golden Books and it seems there is one for every occassion! I don’t blame you for keeping the planters inside-I probably would too! As I said the other day that aqua one is my favorite xxoo Diana

Hi Pam! I love this! You’ve some very lovely planted and I love how you’ve set up your vignette! Love your vintage postcards – I do that too! :)
    Bunnies are darling and my bunnies say hello.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

Pam, I love it all! I only use copied images too to decorate with. I don’t want the originals messed up or faded in the sunlight.
    Your bunnies are finally back together! LOL
    I am stealing your fork idea. That is cool. I need forks now. New quest!
    Have a good night- Tete

Your vignette is lovely! And the sweet bunny is too cute! I think the turquoise planter would be nice on your desk. I bought one several weeks ago that’s old and a similar color and I’ve got it on my desk too. Nothing in it yet, but I still like looking at it! Thanks for visiting me at Cottage and Creek. Have a blessed day.
    ~Lynn

Gorgeous! I’m going to be on the lookout for pretty forks at Goodwill to be used as plant markers now. Your tulips should come back. I planted mine outdoors after they passed away and they’ve come back and spread every year. I think I waited until late summer/ early fall to plant them though.

I love your vignette. I think the forks holding the post cards is such a cute idea. Made me think I have some post cards I need to get out.
    Blessings, Sheila