Can I Be Frank Here?

When I found Frank hanging out on the front porch, we started feeding him, making sure he had water and gave him a safe, dry place to sleep. But he was such a lovable kitty that it was obvious that he belonged to someone else and we wanted to try to find his real parents. I always had a vision of some little girl being very upset that her kitty was missing.

So I took him to the vet to get him scanned for a microchip (he had none). We put some ads up online, posters around town and notified all the vet offices that we had found a Siamese cat. But it’s been well over a month now and his real parents never surfaced. The only people who contacted us about him may not have had his best interest in mind (let’s just say that not all cat “rescue” groups are non-profit or legitimate).

After much consideration and heartache, we decided to find Frank a new permanent home. As much as I’d love to keep him around here, our animals have never gotten to the point that we felt that they were going to accept Frank into the family. Otis has been hiding under a bed all day and Lacey would love to have Frank over for dinner. She’s actually quite aggressive about trying to get at Frank and it’s a little scary.

We felt it best that Frank go to a family that could fully integrate him into their home, pet him tons more than I was able to (he is a lovey dovey cat) and allow him to live without fear of being chased by a dog all day long. All cats should have the freedom to walk in their own home without being in constant fear.

So today Frank is going home with one of my husband’s coworkers. I’m more than a little sad about it, but it is really is the best thing for him. He’s a great cat and deserves a great life, even if it’s not with us.

Comments

I jumped right over when i saw your post on FB this morning! I’ve been wondering about Frank! He is so beautiful and I can only imagine how sad you are. But it is a blessing that he found you and not some anti-cat person! How great is that!!
    Congratulations to Frank and i hope the new family loves him to pieces!!

I’m curious about that “rescue” group!

Give Frank a hug for me!!!

Pam, what a great person you are! It must have been hard, but it sounds like you did the right thing. Frank is a very lucky cat to have been found by such a wonderful woman! :)

Pam, thanks very much for doing all that you did to try to find the best life for Frank. We are the caretakers of God’s creatures, and you’ve certainly done your part. Frank is lucky to have found you !

Aw…you have been a good foster Mom…and how nice that your baby is going to a good home. It is hard to see them go, isn’t it? I always thought of doing the foster care thing but think I would have WAY too hard of a time disconnecting. xo Diana

Awww…Pam you did the right thing. At least you know he is going to a good home. Frank sure is handsome. Those eyes are to die for. You done a good deed!

I know it’s hard but Frank will be happier in a home without fear! Sometimes our pets just don’t get along and we have to make the hard decisions. Frank is a sweetie. Hugs, Linda

7. Anonymous says

Congratulations to Frank. I had been hoping for good news about him. I’m glad to hear that he has found a new family.

And a job well-done to you and your family for caring for him and finding him a safe new home.

Lois in SWPA

I’m so glad that you FOUND him a home. So many other people would’ve just left him or stopped feeding him altogether. Even a cat deserves a little respect! Thank you, Pam, for endearing our hearts in the animal-loving world today. You did the right thing.

Such a beautiful cat. I can’t believe that he didn’t have anyone claiming him. Like my dog……sure makes you wonder. Sorry he didn’t make it with the other fur babies in your house. Glad he will have a nice home.

You were a good steward. He found you for a reason. You did the right thing. Knowing the home he is going to you can always check in on him.

@ 3Beeze Homestead