I have been badly neglecting my deep cleaning rituals for a while now. I think it was right about the time I discovered Pinterest. Oddly enough, there are many pins on there showing you how to clean your house more effectively. I have not pinned a single one of them.
Sure I dust and vacuum and if you walked in my front door you would think things were all hunky-dory here, but when it comes to cleaning, looks are deceiving. When I started noticing that my cobwebs had cobwebs on them, I decided I needed to put down the laptop and get back to a more normal cleaning routine.
So far this week I have
- cleaned out the garage, so all van doors can now open without fear of knocking something over
- cleaned out my closet and got rid of four garbage bags of clothes I haven't worn in 10+ years
- vacuumed under my living room furniture and am 79 cents richer for the effort
- weeded out my stash of thrift store purchases to things that I will actually use and am selling and/or donating the rest
- cleaned my oven (OK, it's self cleaning, but I still had to push the button)
- boxed up some old books and gave them a one way ticket to Goodwill
- and got rid of 90% of the cobwebs (the spiders have to have some place to live)
I just need to keep the momentum moving. And stay off Pinterest. And Google Plus. And Facebook. And . . .