And since money doesn't grow on trees (as opposed to acorns), I decided to throw one together myself.
If you want to make a quick and easy wreath for yourself, this is what you'll need.
- Grapevine wreath ($5.99 at Hobby Lobby)
- Bushel basket lid ($2.00 at a local farmers market)
- Fall leaf garland (normally $14.99, but on sale at JoAnn's for $7.49)
- Bow (free for me, but if you need to make one you can get a roll of burlap ribbon from Hobby Lobby - normally $4.99, but on sale for 40% off)
- Bag of faux pumpkins/gourds (normally $9.99, but on sale at JoAnn's for $4.99)
- Vintage colander (I picked this one up at a yard sale for really really cheap, but you can find them at thrift stores or new ones just about anywhere)
So let's see, I probably spent about $20.00 on this wreath.
I used floral wire to wire the bushel basket lid to the back of the grapevine wreath.
You could also use twist ties or hot glue if you don't have a ridiculously extensive collection of floral wire. Some people hoard empty food containers, I hoard floral wire.
And yes, I did use dirty gardening pruners to cut my floral wire. Why use the proper tool, when you can just run out to the garage and grab the first thing that you see.
This is where it gets really complicated, so pay close attention.
Take the garland and lay it on top of the grapevine wreath. Use floral wire or hot glue to attach it.
Hope I didn't lose you on that last step.
OK, so then attach your bow. Again, floral wire or hot glue will do the deed. I may have some extra floral wire if you run out.
I played around with just adding a large pumpkin to the wreath, but decided on using a colander filled with smaller pumpkins for a more unique fall look.
I wired the colander onto the wreath and then hot glued the pumpkins/gourds onto the colander.
Boom! You're done.
Easy peasy, pumpkin pie squeezy.
The whole shebang took ten minutes to make.
BTW, if you need a tutorial for making a bow, Ann from On Sutton Place has a nice one HERE.
Now get out there and let's show these chipmunks they can't ruin our fall decor. It's us against them and pretty always wins!
Linking with Inspire Me Tuesday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Tweak It Tuesday, Wow Us Wednesday, Party Junk, Fall Nesting Party