Jump on the letter board bandwagon and get some letter board inspiration and ideas for this HOT home decor trend. Including where to buy them.
Do you love the letter board look as much as I do? I think it's the perfect combination of vintage charm and easily obtainable decor.
Now normally, I go for authentic vintage all the way.
All. The. Way.
But you can pick up one of these letter boards at Walmart, JoAnn Fabrics and even Amazon. And they pretty much look like the original ones that you can find at your local flea market.
Without having to dig around for 14 hours in the hot sun.
And have your mascara melt all over your face.
And drink too many lemon shake ups.
So in the letter board world, I am totally fine with the new-fangled knock offs.
If you follow me on Instagram, you saw my letter board make its debut (a coming out ball of sorts) on the 4th Of July.
I purchased my black letter board at JoAnn Fabrics on sale with a coupon (does anyone buy anything there without a coupon?).
It came with the white letters, but you can also buy packs of colored ones and packs of cute sayings (not in the typical letter board font, but sort of cute anyhow).
And it's been seen at New Year's
and Valentine's Day also.
And WalMart has a small white letter board for right around $10. It comes with black letters.
In my WalMart they were on an endcap by the flower arranging and party supplies.
I'll be honest (I'm dorky like that), the Walmart board letters are a little flimsy, but if you want to save a few bucks they still spell out words just fine!
Need some letter board quotes to get you started?
Here's a few of my favorite letter board quotes:
- Live the life you imagined
- Do what you love, love what you do
- You'll never know dear, how much I love you
- The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra
- She believed she could so she did
- Not all who wander are lost
- Well behaved women seldom make history
- Your crazy is showing. You might want to tuck that back in
- Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life - Prince
- Don't look back, you're not going that way
- Adventure awaits
- First I drink coffee then I do the things
- Nevertheless, she persisted
- Bloom where you are planted
- Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives
- Chin up, buttercup
- A clean house is a sign of a wasted life
- Expect nothing, appreciate everything
- You don't win friends with salad
- I'm not feeling very worky today
- Excuse me, I have to go be awesome
- The only time I set the bar low is for limbo
- Dear weekend, we should hang out more
- It is well with my soul
- My Disney princess name is Taco Belle
- The only marathon I'll ever run is 6 seasons on Netflix
- I was going to throw in the towel, but then I remembered how much laundry I already have
- Tacos are cheaper than therapy
- Stressed is desserts spelled backwards
- Cupcakes are muffins that believed in miracles
- How do I like my eggs? Umm, in a cake.
- Punch today in the face
- It was me, I let the dogs out
- Don't grow up. It's a trap.
- Yesterday I really wanted tacos. Now I'm eating tacos. Follow your dreams.
- Choose Happy
- I wish I met you sooner, so I could love you longer
How to store and organize your letter board letters?
The easiest way to organize your letters and keep you from having to hunt through 500 letters just in order to find a "J", is to use a simple and inexpensive bead organizing container. I bought this one from Amazon for around $5.00.
Looking for a bit more letter board inspiration and tips?
Amanda from Love And Renovations shared her Letter Board Tips And Tricks on her blog.
Sarah at Little Vintage Nest shows us 5 Ways To Use A Letter Board.
Gail at My RePurposed Life will show you how to DIY your own wooden letter board from scratch. This type of letter board reminds me of the ones hanging on the wall at church when I was a kid!
And lest you think letter boards HAVE to be black or white, Jennifer at Smart Fun DIY made a very festive DIY Felt Letter Board.
Did I say it was VERY festive, or what!
She even made one for Halloween that is candy corn colored.
Shonee at Hawthorne And Main (love that blog name) even made a storage box for her letters. Sure beats my zip lock bag.
Have you jumped on the letter board bandwagon yet?
It really is a fun and THRIFTY bandwagon to jump on!
And speaking of THRIFTY, today is the day I hook up with the other girls on the Thrifty Style Team, so run over and see what they have in store for you:
(This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.)