Some Cracker Jack trivia for you:
- Did you know that Cracker Jacks has been around since 1896.
- The sailor's name is Sailor Jack and the dog's name is Bingo.
- In 1908 it was included in the famous "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" song and is now pretty much a part of going to a baseball park.
- There are NO MORE TOYS inside the freakin' boxes, they replaced them with a stupid QR code you can scan and it sends you to an online baseball game. What the h-e-double-toothpicks!!!
In other scandalous 4th of July news, I took a poll on my facebook page on which of these flag holders was liked more. What do you think?
That's all I've got for you on this lazy Monday morning.
We're going to a parade today (if it doesn't rain) and a picnic (if it doesn't rain) and fireworks (if it doesn't rain). Pretty much a typical 4th of July here at the House Of Hawthornes (if it doesn't rain).
Can you tell RAIN is pretty much in the forecast here?
I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend! (And for all my non-U.S. readers, I hope you enjoy your day too!)
P.S. - that mason jar flag thingie is so simple that I never even thought to do a tutorial on it.
- It is just a blue mason jar I had setting around the house.
- I took one of those cheap little 4x6 flags on a wooden stick (the ones they normally sell with 4-6 in a bag for $1.99).
- Removed the flag from the stick.
- And then attached the flag to the mason jar with a rubber band.
Nothing permanent and it only took about 2 minutes to make. And of course I originally saw the idea on Pinterest, but they used glue instead of a rubber band.
OK, I'm seriously out of here now!