Discover over 20 hot chocolate recipes perfect for warming up your winter days. Including traditional, crockpot and boozy recipes.
If you think hot chocolate recipes consist of opening up an envelope and pouring boiling water into a mug, I have news for you. There’s more to hot chocolate than that!
Oh yeah, there’s white chocolate hot chocolate, red wine hot chocolate, cinnamon roll hot chocolate. Even frozen hot chocolate (an oxymoron if I ever saw one).
BACKSTORY HERE – When I was setting up the shot in the first photo, I bumped into my setup and hot chocolate went flying. I had to wipe it off the wall, mop it off the piece of slate and worst of all, wash it off my birch log. Picture me standing at the sink with my birch log in one hand and my blow dryer in the other trying to get it dried off again before I could take my photos. Blow drying a log was not something my thirteen year old self would have EVER thought I’d be doing!
Enough about me and my log, you’re here for the . . .
20+ Cozy Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Thin Mints Hot Chocolate – Home Based Mom
- Red Velvet Hot Cocoa With Cream Cheese Whipped Cream – All Kinds Of Yumm
- S’mores Hot Chocolate – Minimalist Baker
- Mexican Hot Chocolate With Dulce De Leche Spiced Cream – Babble
- Copycat Starbucks Peppermint White Hot Chocolate – Cooktoria
- Caramel Corn Hot Chocolate – Recipe Girl
- Campfire Cocoa With Butterscotch – The Hopeless Housewife
- Salted Caramel Frozen Hot Chocolate – A Night Owl
- Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa – Mandy’s Recipe Box
- Mint & White Chocolate Hot Cocoa – Tater Tots & Jello
- Cookies And Cream Hot Chocolate – Red Apron Girl
- The Perfect Homemade Hot Chocolate – Unskinny Boppy
- Pumpkin Hot Chocolate – Kara’s Party Ideas
- Cinnamon Roll Hot Cocoa – Wine And Glue
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate – The Frugal Girls
- Nutella Hot Chocolate – Gimme some Oven
- Toasted Marshmallow Cream Hot Chocolate – How Sweet It Is
- Almond Joy Hot Chocolate – Red Apron Girl
Prefer some boozie hot chocolate recipes?
- Red Wine Hot Chocolate – Imma Eat That
- Kahlua Hot Chocolate – Damn Delicious
- Irish Cream Hot Chocolate – Miss Information
- Black Cherry Bourbon Hot Chocolate – Sugar and Soul
And why limit your hot chocolate intake to drinking it? Here are some bonus Hot Chocolate Foods:
- Hot Chocolate Fudge Recipe – Wonky Wonderful
- Hot Chocolate Ice Cream – Delish
- Hot Chocolate Cookies – Love From The Oven
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes – Life With The Crust Cut Off
- Hot Chocolate Cheesecake – Food Fanatic
Some other hot chocolate related posts from House Of Hawthornes you may have missed:
Cozy Hot Cocoa Station For The Holidays (yes, that’s your old school lunchbox)
Best Soft And Chewy Oatmeal Cookies (these would go great with a steaming mug of hot chocolate)
Vintage Valentine’s Day Chalkboard Vignette (not hot chocolate related, but it does have some cute thermoses in it and what is more hot chocolate-ish than a thermos?)
Are you a hot chocolate addict like I am? Or do you prefer the quick and easy powdered variety?