Well, hello there! Glad you could stop by my little slice of the internet pie. I would offer you a Coke Zero to go with that pie, but I don't want to slosh it all over your computer screen.
Let's see. You'd probably like to know a little about me and my blog here. I mean, you did take the time to click on the little "About" tab and all.
The girl behind the blog:
- First and foremost, you must know that I'm not the serious type. Never have been. Never will be. I've got a weird sense of humor and I'm not afraid to use it.
- I'm a born and bred Ohio girl, currently living in Central Ohio with my husband, wonderful son and two dogs, an aging Shiba Inu named Sheba (don't ask and no I didn't spell her name wrong) and a lively Labradoodle name Lacey.
- My hair is not always as blonde as it looks in my photo. I know, I know. It's hard to believe, but I have a lot of gray hair (see it there on top) and it's a bear to keep it the right color.
- I have a love affair with all things vintage and simply cannot pass a thrift store without stopping in.
- I'm currently obsessed with a capital "O" with Thermoses, typewriters and vintage cameras. If we run into each other in the thrift store and any of those items are on the shelf, I'll wrestle you to the ground over them. In a polite sort of way.
Some of the things that I blog about are:
- Vintage Items: Ever since I was a child, I have been attracted to vintage and antique items that have had a hard life. To me, the more rusty or chippy something is the better. My goal is to mix these vintage, chippy items into my home in an attractive, modern vintage way and I am on a mission to show you how you can do it also.
Some of my favorite vintage posts are:
- Garage Sale, Thrift Store and Estate Sale Finds: For me, it's 50% the thrill of the hunt and 50% finding a great deal. I find the vast majority of my vintage goodies at ridiculously low prices. And you can too if you know where to look.
Some of my favorite thrifting posts are:
- Gardening: I have been hooked on gardening ever since I planted my first petunia as a child. I'll take you along on my journey to brighten up my little corner of the heartland. Of course, this being Ohio, I'm only able to garden when the snow's not flying :(.
Some of my favorite gardening posts are:
- DIY Projects When I'm not out at the thrift stores, I'm trying my hand at DIY projects. They're usually quick, easy and inexpensive because Mama don't have time for anything complicated!
Some of my favorite DIY posts are:
I would love for you to follow along on this nutty journey of mine. Heck I'm on almost every social media platform known to man, so you might as well.
Any questions? You can email me at email@example.com.
Hope you enjoy my blog!